- 3 Ripe & 1 Medium ripe Mangoes
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 table spoon of ginger finely chopped
- 4-5 dried red chilies
- Half a cup of Aged White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper (taste)
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon of roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tea spoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 tea spoon of Cumin & Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbs of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of water.
In a pan heat some oil and butter. Put you cumin seeds followed by fenugreek seeds and cook them until
dark brown. Add chopped ginger, garlic and dried chilies. Cook for about 1 minute and half.
Add the mangoes. At this point add sugar, salt & pepper, cumin & coriander powder. Cook it for about 5 minutes.
Add water and white wine vinegar. At this point turn the heat low and cook it until the mangoes start to dissolve. If need you can add more water. Make sure the heat is medium and you cover the pot.
Once it is cooked (should take about 30-40 minutes on low-medium heat) let it rest aside for few minutes before you put it through a food processor or a blender.
Once you have put it through the blender you should get a smooth yet chunky mango chutney. Enjoy and remember to serve it at room temperature. You can put the chutney in the refrigerator for about half and hour before serving.