- 2 lbs goat meat (small pieces)
- 1 red onions finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic and 1/2 ginger finely chopped
- 3-4 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes broilled
- 3 scallions finely chopped
- 1 tbs of red chilly flakes
- 1 tbs of roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbs of your favorite meat masala
- 1 tbs of freshly grounded garam masala
- 1 tbs of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbs of red chilly paste
- 1 tbs of Mustard Oil
- Salt & Pepper for taste
- 1/2 tea spoon of cumin and fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 3 lime and zest
In bowl mix your goat with oil, salt and pepper, 1 tbs of your favorite meat masala and 1 tbs of ginger garlic paste. Let it marinade for about 45 - 60 mins.
In a hot pan add some oil. Add cumin and fenugreek seeds. As the seeds turn brown, in high heat cook the goat for about 10-12 minutes.
As the meat turns light brown add 1/2 cup of water and close the lid. Goat can be very rigid sometimes so make sure it cook through properly. After cooking it for another 5-8 minutes open the lid and add half of chopped onions and scallions.
Take the meat out of the pan. You should get this golden brown color and that is the desired consistency. Let it rest for about couple of minutes before you start adding ingredients.
Add rest of the onions, scallions, ginger & garlic chopped, 1 tbs of roasted cumin powder, 1 tbs of garam masala, red chilly paste, red chilly flakes, mustard oil and broiled tomatoes. Mix it thoroughly and add 1 tbs of mustard oil for taste. Add 3 fresh lime juice and zest. Garnish with cilantro.
Your Goat Choila is ready to be served. Remember to let it rest for 15 - 20 minutes or more before serving. This allows all the goat meat enough time to soak in all the goodies :)